Sunday 14 February 2016

Valentine's Day 2016.

Valentine's Days are generally pretty low-key around these parts. We don't go anywhere, mostly because we don't like crowds and we don't have a babysitter, but actually I think it's better to stay home and make an effort instead anyway. The plan for tonight is steak, chips and plenty of garlic butter - what more can a girl ask for?! 

Tomorrow we're child-free from 9am - 6pm which is a rarity for us, so we've decided we'll run our errands together and then spend a bit of 'husband and wife' time together. We might wander around some charity shops, I'm not sure yet, but it's going to be nice to spend some time just focussing on eachother. We've been around eachother a lot recently while we've been ill, but somehow laying on a couch together just doesn't feel like quality time, y'know? Sometimes it takes getting out of the house to blow away those cobwebs and feel a bit more like making an effort.

I woke up this morning to some treats on my bedside, namely an amazing card (HOW cute is it?! I love it!!), a new cup and a cushion that says 'love is all you need' on it. I'm on a bit of a cushion kick at the moment, so I was really excited when I spotted that he'd taken note of my incredibly unsubtle hinting in Tesco last week.

Pardon the cluttered bedside table. Lord knows why there's a teaspoon on there?!?!



My present to James was this illustration of the smallest members of our family (except the cats, but he doesn't like the cats!) by Murder of Goths and I am completely in love with how it turned out. She chose a beautiful colour for the backdrop, and he loves it so much he wants to get it printed as big as possible and hung up on the wall opposite our front door so its the first thing you see when you get in. Luckily for us, his University gives him £50 free printer credit a year and he's got £90-something left on his account, so we're popping to the Milton Keynes campus tomorrow to make the most of the free credit and get this gorgeous picture printed.


Have a happy Valentine's Day, my loved up little bumblebees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...