Friday 12 February 2016

Sharing Assembly.

Well, since I blogged about Paige's sharing assembly last year, I figured I'd go for it again!

Guys, I was so impressed with how well she did. She had a couple of speaking parts and she was clearer than so many other children - and opted not to look at her notes for one of them. They performed a dance routine to Thriller, which I did capture on video but I won't share on here because it features other peoples' children. Honestly, I don't think I'm biased here - girl got skillz. She's got amazing rhythm and it was so awesome seeing her commit to a role. I bring up the notion of dance or drama classes/clubs every so often but she just isn't interested unfortunately. Perhaps as she gets older she'll be more interested in the idea.

It lasted probably an hour before we had to rush off, but we did manage to get a picture! We were pleasantly surprised to see her Mum's boyfriend there with her, and we took a picture of the three of them together, then they returned the favour. It's really nice to see him beginning to make an effort and I hope it continues because Paige really deserves the best of the best.

She read a sample of some homework they'd done, and we heard about all of the things they've learned; letter-writing, science [learning about whether or not something is soluble], and a whole host of other things. As always, the best part is never what she learned: it's seeing on her face how proud she is of herself.

Well done, Paigeypops! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...