Sunday 31 January 2016

Chi Chi! Make Clothes That Fit Me!

Readers of this little old blog will know that I am totally cool with who I am. I love to wear pretty clothes, strike a pose and show fellow fatties that you can look as amazing as I do no matter what your size. I feel I have particular authority on this because I am not what the fashion world would describe as a "good fat" [also named "acceptable fat"], I am somebody who does not have an hourglass figure, a flat stomach or a pretty face. I'm stumpy, rough around the edges and proportioned like a Sophie, not like a fruit. And so when I find beautiful things to wear that will fit me properly, I'm about ready to shout it from the rooftops.
On Thursday night I had the urge to splurge. I knew there were pretty dresses out there, I just needed to find them. Something a bit sparkly, a bit special, something which made me feel like a million dollars when I swished and sashayed and paraded around in all my sequin glory. Several good friends recommended Chi Chi, and as I scrolled through the dresses my eyes grew wider and wider.


Chi Chi Curve is like the holy grail for fat women who want to look like princesses, in my opinion. The dresses are BEAUTIFUL. The hefty pricetag suggests that they're an investment in quality, but I was happy to make a compromise and buy something beautiful and magnificent for a bit more than I'd normally spend, because... Well, because I'm shallow. And clothes absolutely have the power to make me feel pampered and wonderful.
You can imagine how wonderful I felt, then, as I began to look through the tabs and tabs of beauty and magnificence that I had opened, and I realised that each and every single one of them stopped at a 24. I would not be able to squeeze myself into one single dress that Chi Chi had to offer. I mean sure, the styles of some 24s might fit me, but that is beside the point - I am by no means the largest person who wants to wear showstopping clothes, and yet anything from Sophie-sized upwards is made to feel less deserving of glamour than any of their slightly smaller counterparts.


Do brands not understand how frustrating this is? Do they not recognise that this is a real problem in society? Why are people who have more fat rolls than the societally approved number told that they no longer deserve to wiggle into something a little less comfortable but a little more fabulous? Chi Chi - why don't I deserve to see your clothes? Why did you decide that somebody like me was not worth dressing?
And just to let you know, Chi Chi, I had opened HUNDREDS of pounds worth of tabs. Think a pound for every pound I weigh. And because your sizing restricted me from buying anything on your website, I decided to give my money to a company who respected my body. That's the thing with us 'superfats'; in a world with very few choices, we tend to focus our expenditure on one brand at a time and bring a lot of custom their way. Something to think about.


If you would like to rectify your mistakes and include me and my friends in your sizing range, I urge you to get in touch and I would love to spread the word to my fellow fatties.
Until then, sorry. If I'm not good enough for you, you're not good enough for me.

All images taken from ChiChi website

5 comments:

  1. ChiChi have some beautiful dresses but their sizing is awful - not only do they cut out at a 24 but they also have very limited options above a size 14! They need to do a lot work in my eyes before they can call themselves inclusive!

    C xx
    CurvyGirlThin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow I had no idea the existing sizing was bad too - seems like they really need to step up!

      Delete
  2. That's really dissapointing. Well done for highlighting! I have never tried any of their pieces, but have often looked at them covetously. I hope they get the message, because there is definitely a market for fancy princess wear in size 24+
    http://www.curvesandcurl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so much this! And from what I gather in the fb groups I'm in these run really small as well. It'd be amazing if they were more versatile in their sizes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...